Due to the demands of Country Chef’s rapidly growing business and their absence of a HR Manager at a time when they were embarking on major organisational change by opening new manufacturing sites; Country Chef required a high level of HR management capability to guide the business through these changes.
- Country Chef approached Harrison HR to provide a third party arm’s length solution to their HR needs where they have access to top quality, up to date advice at all times without having to employ a whole HR team directly.
- Initially Harrison HR conducted a HR audit and identified high priority areas to improve the way Country Chef manage their people, including compliance with employment legislation and awards that we discovered were not compliant.
- Harrison HR helped us manage complicated performance management and workers compensation matters of senior managers.
- Country Chef have now appointed Harrison HR to act as their People and Culture Team including providing a People and Culture Manager on-site 4 days per week to plan and support all their HR needs, including organisational change, structure and role definition, recruitment, performance management, and training and development.
- Country Chef’s new (Harrison HR) People and Culture Manager is a highly experienced HR professional who has been a great asset in planning and guiding them through the organisational changes, while also meeting more operational HR requirements such as employment contracts, recruitment, and performance management. She has been mentored by Harrison HR’s Managing Director, and supported by the Harrison HR team and resources so Country Chef get the best possible service, eg WHS and workplace relations.
- Country Chef says that their new People and Culture Team has always been responsive to their needs, and provides practical and reliable advice.
“We have a highly capable People and Culture Manager on-site who has significant experience and is strategic in approach, and we are further supported by a team of HR and WHS experts at Harrison HR, thus saving on the cost of employing our own HR team that would not match the level of expertise and qualifications of Harrison HR. This has given me and my leadership team confidence in growing our business knowing that our people management practices are compliant with legislation and will continue to develop our family-focused culture.”