- Country Chef
- 160 employees
- Sunshine Coast and Sydney
ISSUESDue to the demands of Country Chef’s rapidly growing business our absence of a HR Manager at a time when they were embarking on major organisational change by opening new manufacturing sites, which required a high level of HR capacity and capability to support the business through these changes.
- Country Chef approached Harrison HR to provide a third party arm’s length solution to their HR needs where they have access to top quality, up to date advice at all times without having to employ a whole HR team directly.
- Initially Harrison HR conducted a HR audit and identified high priority areas to improve the way Country Chef manage their people, including compliance with employment legislation and awards that we discovered were not compliant.
- Harrison HR helped us manage complicated performance management and workers compensation matters of senior managers.
- Country Chef have now appointed Harrison HR to act as their People and Culture Team including providing a People and Culture Manager on-site 4 days per week to plan and support all their HR needs, including organisational change, structure and role definition, recruitment, performance management, and training and development.
- Country Chef’s new (Harrison HR) People and Culture Manager is a highly experienced HR professional who has been a great asset in planning and guiding them through the organisational changes, while also meeting more operational HR requirements such as employment contracts, recruitment, and performance management. She has been mentored by Claire Harrison, and supported by the Harrison HR team and resources so Country Chef get the best possible service.
- Country Chef says that their new People and Culture Team has always been responsive to their needs, and provides practical and reliable advice.
OUTCOMEWe have a highly capable People and Culture Manager on-site who has significant experience and is strategic in approach, and we are further supported by a team of HR and WHS experts at Harrison HR, thus saving on the cost of employing our own HR team that would not match the level of expertise and qualifications of Harrison HR. This has given me and my leadership team confidence in growing our business knowing that our people management practices are compliant with legislation and will continue to develop our family-focused culture.
Lloyd Bartlett, Managing Director, Country Chef
- 170 Employees
ISSUESMontrose is undergoing a major transformation from a fully government block funded organisation to a sustainable performance based organisation with a business plan to significantly increase its revenue. The organisation has been remarkably stable for the majority of its 80-year history but with the impact of growth and the NDIS, the organisational structure required a significant review.
SOLUTIONHarrison Human Resources assisted Montrose with a three-phase project to support its strategic plan of significant organisational growth through increased sites and services.Phase 1 was a comprehensive organisational structure review, including:
- Reviewed relevant organisational documentation.
- Benchmarked against other relevant organisational structures.
- Conducted one-to-one interviews with selected employees.
- Administered a tailored employee survey to gather further feedback and for engagement.
- Facilitated a focus group with the Change Team.
- Developed Organisational Design Principles.
- Prepared Organisational Structure Review and Recommendations report for the CEO.
- Position matched against relevant job surveys.
- Identified and approached benchmark organisations.
- Collated and analysed market data against current remuneration, benefits and conditions.
- Prepared Remuneration and Conditions and Recommendations report for CEO and General Managers.
OUTCOMEAs a result of Harrison Human Resources’ recommendations, Montrose was able to establish and implement a clear organisational structure which is the best fit for current and future business activities and consistent with the strategic direction of the organisation, while maintaining the positive workplace culture of Montrose.
"The best part of our experience with Harrison Human Resources was the personal touch. Having someone understand our particular needs. Harrison Human Resources takes into account the particular culture within your organisation - doesn’t take a one size fits all approach."
- Sue Tonks, General Manager Corporate Services
- Relationship Australia Queensland
- 390 employees
ISSUESRelationships Australia Queensland identified a need to restructure the organisation to meet current and future organisational needs. The new CEO desired employee input, consultation and buy-in to the review of the client services organisational structure of the organisation by conducting interviews with key stakeholders.
SOLUTIONHarrison Human Resources was engaged to undertake this project, which included:
- Project scoping with the CEO and General Managers.
- Developing interview questionnaire and data capture tool.
- Reviewed relevant organisational documentation, such as organisational charts, position descriptions, strategic plan, employee engagement surveys.
- Researched other relevant organisational structures.
- Conducted one-to-one interviews with 50 employees.
- Collated data gathered, analysed and prepared Organisation Structure Review and Recommendations Report.
- Presented report to CEO and General Managers.
OUTCOMERelationships Australia Queensland implemented the new organisational structure as per recommendations of Harrison Human Resources to better equip it for a fee for service approach to government funding.
"Harrison Human Resources assisted us in conducting a review of the organisational structure by conducting interviews to gain insight into the effectiveness of the organisation structure, future needs, and career interests. Harrison Human Resources presented us with a report of their findings and recommendations for our new organisational structure. This information was critical to the subsequent development and implementation of the new organisational structure. Harrison Human Resources conducted themselves exceptionally professionally, their advice was strategic in nature, and met our budget and timeframe requirements"
- Tracey McMaster, Head of People and Culture, Relationships Australia (Qld)
- Southern Cross Care
- 1,100 Employees
- Southern Cross Care engaged Harrison Human Resources as an independent party to confidentially interview employees about employment conditions for the review of their enterprise agreement terms and conditions, including rostering.
- Following an organisational restructure, Southern Cross Care engaged Harrison Human Resources to develop position descriptions for the new executive positions in the organisational structure in preparation for the recruitment of these positions.
- Developed interview questionnaire and data capture tool to meet client requirements.
- Used random selection method to identify interviewees that were a representative sample of the workforce.
- Conducted confidential 1-on-1 interviews with Personal Care/Support Workers.
- Collated data gathered, analysed and prepared report.
- Met with the CEO and relevant incumbents to identify position responsibilities.
- Position matched against relevant job surveys on role responsibilities.
- Developed position descriptions including role responsibilities and behavioural competencies.
- Finalised position descriptions based on feeback from CEO and HR General Manager.
Project 1Southern Cross Care was able to accurately determine necessary changes to pay and employment terms, and devise a new roster in line with relevant workplace legislation.
Project 2Southern Cross Care was able to utilise a new suite of position descriptions that accurately reflected the new executive positions to assist with recruitment, appointment and management of new incumbents.
"Harrison Human Resources are responsive and flexible, with great customer service. CLAIRE AND HER TEAM CARRIED OUT INDEPENDENT INTERVIEWS OF STAFF ON OUR BEHALF FOR DATA GATHERING PURPOSES. DEALING WITH CLAIRE WAS VERY POSITIVE AND THE TASK WAS COMPLETED ON TIME AND WITHIN BUDGET. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND CLAIRE AND WILL BE HAPPY TO UTILISE HER SERVICES AGAIN IN THE FUTURE."
- Ian Townsend, Chief People & Culture Officer
- Alzheimer's Australia Queensland
- 100 employees
ISSUESAlzheimer’s Australia Queensland (AAQld) had grown from 30 to 100 employees with no HR Manager, and managers were busy focusing on client needs. Due to growth they were facing a broad range of workforce issues.
SOLUTIONAAQld insourced their HR Team to HHR. HHR partnered with the CEO and conducted a HR Audit to review current HR performance and identify areas of priority. Our insourced solution covered all HR functions, including recruiting and onboarding new employees, development of policies and procedures, training and coaching people managers, supporting the acquisition of a substantial organisation, and development of the HR Plan aligned with the new strategic plan.
OUTCOMEThe client was relieved to have a trusted advisor to help them work through these challenging issues. People managers were delighted by the time saved in recruiting staff. AAQld is solidly positioned as a preferred service provider with strong client program delivery ghting Alzheimer’s to save Australia.
"WE HAVE BEEN EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH THE STRATEGIC AND OPERATIONAL SUPPORT HARRISON HUMAN RESOURCES HAS PROVIDED OUR ORGANISATION. WE HAVE RECEIVED TRUSTED HR ADVICE AND IMPLEMENTED SOLUTIONS WHICH HAS AIDED OUR PERFORMANCE AND DELIVERED ON OUR STRATEGIC PLAN."
- Victoria Beedle, CEO, Alzheimer’s Australia Queensland
- Create Foundation
- 50 employees
ISSUEDue to the departure of their part-time HR Coordinator, CREATE was in need of additional HR resources and expertise to help them manage their national team of employees and volunteers. Cost was an issue due to changes in funding arrangements.
SOLUTIONCREATE outsourced their HR requirements to HHR. HHR partnered with the National Operations Manager to conduct a HR Audit of their current people practices and recommend areas needing focus. Our solution included a regular on-site HR Manager plus the support of the HHR team to meet all employer requirements, including performance management advice, recruitment and induction, workers compensation, and policy review.
OUTCOMEThe client was relieved to have a team of experienced professionals advising and coordinating their employer obligations thus ensuring that CREATE continues to be a sustainable values based organisation creating a better life for children and young people in care.
"HARRISON HUMAN RESOURCES DEMONSTRATED A GOOD UNDERSTANDING OF HR PRINCIPLES AND OFFERED US MULTIPLE SOLUTIONS TO THE ISSUES WE CONFRONTED. WE FOUND THEM TO HAVE VERY PERSONABLE APPROACH AND OPEN STYLE, AND A WILLINGNESS TO WORK WITHIN OUR CONSTRAINTS TO MEET FAVOURABLE OUTCOMES."
- Pam Evans, National Operations Manager, CREATE Foundation
- GW Homes
- 25 employees
ISSUESGW Homes was a growing family business and needed to recruit new staff and implement HR systems. They had limited resources and HR expertise.
SOLUTIONHHR developed a relationship to understand their HR needs and a staged implementation plan. We reviewed relevant modern awards and developed employment contract templates. We also recruited a new team member.
OUTCOMEThe company is now confident it is meeting its employment obligations. There is also relief that time wouldn’t be wasted on recruiting new staff. They have saved money by by using HHR and not a typical percentage fee based recruiter. And they continue building on a 40 year reputation.
"WE RECENTLY USED HHR FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF A RECEPTIONIST AND THE CREATION OF SOME EMPLOYMENTCONTRACTS. WE FOUND CLAIRE AND THE HHR TEAM TO BE VERY PROFESSIONAL, APPROACHABLE AND EFFICIENT WITH OUR REQUIREMENTS. I WAS EXTREMELY HAPPY TO HAVE EVERYTHING TAKEN CARE OF AND RELIEVED TO HAVE MY TIME FREED UP."